Friday 8 December 2017

Trouble At t'Mill

Had the car out with a VW technician yesterday to try and diagnose a fault which causes a brief hiccup and vibration when on the motorway.

Naturally during my trawl down the MI and back it behaved itself perfectly,however on our return to the dealership the tech put it on the computer to see if it threw anything up.

Well it did,the Haldex pump ( I think that is what it is ) is malfunctioning/not working so in short the four wheel drive has got the hump.

Whether this is causing the hiccuping I don't know we will have to see,the dealership want if for four days in January to rectify it ( first time a courtesy car is available ).

Having a trawl around the internet about it it appears that it is not an unknown problem which is compounded by the fact that there is not a warning light to inform of any problems therefore it may not have been working for a while.

A little while ago I pulled away from a junction on a damp road and the front wheels scrabbled a bit and I recall thinking it shouldn't do that.

Noticed that VW Connect has thrown up the fault as well.

Glad I purchased an extended warranty when I bought it as it has all the hallmarks of being a potentially expensive experience.

No 4x4 and what is forecast,snow.

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment